Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ok, now I want to own an ipad mini.





I've been waiting for this since the quarter started. I could see that I was eventually going to figure out a way to get a personal relationship with this ipad, but I found it yesterday, and I'm soooo happy.






I've been wanting to find a way to do/learn/play with animation that made sense for my needs. I have been interested in "serious" puppetry for a long time, and what I've done with kids is sort of a hybrid of animation and puppetry. I believe I might have used the absolutely most labor intensive way possible of doing animation during the summer ("Oedipus the Snowman," still available on YouTube). It was ridiculous, ridiculous. But I loved it, too, and the potential for teaching using animation.




Saturday after I got the istopmotion app, I tried it out by trial and error,  and it's pretty intuitive, so I figured it out pretty quickly.

The reason I'm this happy is that my brain has been ready and waiting for something like this app, so it snapped into place like a missing puzzle piece.

Wish me luck.

1 comment: